WE BELIEVE IN CONTINUOUS TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT
OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
ALFRAN is an active collaborator and recipient of national and European grants (Macro Programs, PROFIT, Re-industrialisation, CIEN, Interconecta, etc.) through the CDTI, Agencia Idea, Ministry of Energy, Tourism, and the Digital Agenda, as well as being a member of FIRE. As a result of this collaboration, it has its own patent (P2004-01008) for high-speed concrete spraying: The ALFRANJET® System.
- Budget R&D&I/EBITDA (%)
LINES OF RESEARCH
MULTI-LAYER LINING ENGINEERING FOR DIFFERENT INDUSTRIAL PROCESSES
- Improvement of energy efficiency in equipments. Thermal insulation.
- Complex systems engineering
- Fluid lines insulation
- Acoustic insulation
- Thermal transmission modeling
DESIGN OF HEAT-RESISTANT MATERIALS
- Study of the compatibility in “new environments”. Corrosion, wear, thermal and mechanical stress, etc…
- Effect of using new raw materials (recycle materials, new fuels…).
- Development of new high-performance refractories.
INCREASED EFFICIENCY DURING COMMISSIONING
- Thermal cycle design.
- Development, control and monitoring of heat treatment.
(1): The ALFRANLITE project, with file number IDI-201850460, has been co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) within the Smart Growth Operational Program 2014-2020. This project was born from the need to develop a range of high-quality insulating materials that reduce energy consumption associated with the activities of the industries, reducing fuel consumption, reducing atmospheric emissions, and their disposal.
(2): An incentive has been received from the Agency for Innovation and Development of Andalusia IDEA, the Andalusian Government, for an amount of 75,000.00 euros, co-financed in 80% by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund, FEDeR for the implementation of the project DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION OF OPERATIONS AND BUSINESS PROCESSES WITH THE IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ERP SYSTEM to guarantee better use of information technologies.
(3) An incentive has been received from the Andalusian Innovation and Development Agency IDEA, of the Andalusian Government, for € 7,500.00, 80% co-financed by the European Union through the European Development Fund Regional, ERDF to carry out the project ANALYSIS, IMPROVEMENT AND STANDARDIZATION OF THE MANAGEMENT PROCESSES to achieve a more competitive business fabric.
(4) Together with ACERINOX EUROPA SA, EQA Laboratorios, MAGNA- Magnesitas Navarras and Sociedad Financiera y Minera, S.A., it is investigating the potential for the use of mineral-based industrial waste, aligned with the circular economy, in the CERES project (Advanced Research in the field of mineral-based industrial waste as secondary raw materials for the formulation of new ecological products and circular economy loops creations).
(5) NEOSOLAR: Development of an innovative concept for a solar thermal plant with a fixed tube parabolic trough collector and a salt circuit with thermal storage through a thermocline coupled to a green hydrogen generation system in collaboration with the companies ESASOLAR, TEWER, RIOGLASS, KERIONICS AND MC2 .
COMPANY LAB IN SEVILLE: EQUIPPED FOR TESTING MATERIALS, FIRE RESISTANCE, AND PASSIVE PROTECTION AGAINST FIRE.
- Apparent density
- Real density
- Open porosity
- Measuring particle size
- Measuring the pH
- Chemical analysis by XRF
- Calculating the setting time
- Curing chamber
- Cold-compression strength
- Cold modulus of rupture
- Resistance to abrasion
- Static viscosity
- Dynamic viscosity
- Flow point
- Dilatometry in a controlled atmosphere
- Electric stoves and ovens (1600ºC)
- Thermographic studies
- Macro- TGA
- Thermal transmission modelling
- Hydrocarbon fire resistance simulation
- Acid means
- Slag corrosion
- Alkaline atmospheres
- XR diffraction
PUBLICATIONS AND PARTICIPATION IN CONGRESSES
- POST-MORTEM STUDY OF HEAT-RESISTANT CONCRETE PLACED IN THE SLAG LINE OF A STEEL FOUNDRY LADLE.
Bol. Soc. Esp. Ceram. V. 42  375-378 (2003).
- Build-up formation and corrosion of monolithic refractories in cement kiln preheaters.
Journal of the European Ceramic Society. Vol 30, 9, 1879-1885 (2010)
- Interactions in Calcium Aluminate Cement (CAC)-Based Castables Containing Magnesia. Part I: Hydration-Dehydration Behaviour of MgO in the Absence of CAC.
Journal of the American Ceramic Society Vol 94, 3, 902-908 (2011)
- Interactions in Calcium Aluminate Cement (CAC)-Based Castables Containing Magnesia-Part II: Hydration-Dehydration Behaviour of CAC and their Mixtures with Dead-Burned and Reactive-Grade MgO.
Journal of the American Ceramic Society Vol 94, 3, 909-917 (2011)
- INTERNATIONAL: 7
- NATIONAL: 3